Terms & Conditions
The following terms supersede any conflicting payment terms that may appear on VRBO, FlipKey, or any other website with one exception: if your reservation was made through Booking.com, please see Booking.com for payment and cancellation terms.
DEPOSIT, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION:
- A 3-night deposit is due at time of booking.
- Full payment is due 45 days prior to arrival (60 days for holiday bookings) and will be automatically charged to the credit card on file.
- We accept payment on Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit cards.
- There is a cancellation fee of 1 ½ nights’ rent as long as the booking is cancelled more than 45 days prior to arrival (60 days for holiday bookings).
- If the reservation is cancelled within 45 days of arrival (60 days for holiday bookings), there is no refund unless the property can be re-rented. If the property can be re-rented, a pro-rated refund will be issued on the nights that are re-rented less a cancellation fee of 1 ½ nights’ rent.
- Christmas holiday rates are slightly higher. Contact the Rentals Maui office for details.
- For stays of 21 nights or longer, the deposit policy and cancellation fee will vary by property, season, and length of stay. Contact the Rentals Maui office for details.
TO AVOID FRAUD: Rentals Maui's office is located in Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not have offices in any foreign country. We do not advertise our vacation rentals on Craiglist. We will never require payment by wire transfer or Western Union. Bottom line is: if you receive an email offer on one of our vacation rentals and it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If in doubt, call our office at 1-808-879-2700 or toll free at 1-800-808-3138.
Travel Insurance can be purchased with your reservation.
VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE: Red Sky Sun Trip Preserver Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Travel insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances--such as illness, injury, mandatory evacuation, or job loss--that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If declined, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. For more information please go to: http://trippreserver.com.
Check-In time for 3-bedroom units is 4:00 PM local time. For all other units, check-in time is 3:00 PM local time. Check-out is required by 11:00 AM on the day of departure. Due to housekeeping requirements, we do not have flexibility to offer late check-outs or early check-ins. Be sure to keep this in mind when making your flight arrangements. If you are in the vacation rental before 3:00 PM on your arrival day or after 11:00 AM on your departure day, there will be a charge equal to one night's rent plus tax.
Credit Card On File: A credit card must be on file and will be charged to cover excess cleaning and related expenses.
NO SMOKING: The Hawaii legislature enacted State Law 295, effective November 16, 2006, which prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public. All Rentals Maui Inc. units are subject to this new law. Rentals Maui will keep your credit card information on file. If a smoking violation occurs, a fine of $500.00 will be charged to your credit card.
Note: We will make every effort to reserve the unit that you have selected; however we reserve the right to move you to a similar unit should your selected unit become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
Tax rates are set by the State of Hawaii and are subject to change without notice.