Nothing says a Maui vacation quite like starting the day off sipping on a fresh cup of coffee while the waves gently crash at your feet. If you are hoping to kick off your island adventures with a fresh and stimulating morning brew, we invite you to check out some of the best coffee shops in Maui, Hawaii with our Top 10 favorites!
Top South Maui Coffee Locations
- Akamai Coffee: If you’re looking for a convenient place to enjoy a tasty cup of coffee while staying at one of our Wailea vacation rentals, you should definitely stop by Akamai Coffee in Wailea Village!
- cafe @ la plage: This cozy internet cafe is closest to all our South Kihei vacation rentals and is located in the oceanside strip mall Dolphin Plaza. Our Rentals Maui Inc. office is located there too, so feel free to stop in say aloha!
- Lava Java Coffee Roasters of Maui: As another convenient spot to get a taste of local Maui coffee, this cafe is a bit closer to our North Kihei vacation rentals and offers a flavorful brew with a lot of personality. You could even take home a blend to enjoy as a Hawaii souvenir!
- Mill House Roasting Co.: Just a 16 minute and well worth it drive from our Maalaea vacation rentals, you find some of the finest Maui roasted coffee located in at the Maui Tropical Plantation in Central Maui. (check online before going – the cafe is currently temporarily closed)
Other Coffee Spots Around the Island
- Bad Ass Coffee of Maui: Located in Honokowai and Lahaina in West Maui, this little coffee shop packs a bunch of flavor into their cups of coffee. And with a cute donkey as their mascot and a few friendly baristas, Bad Ass Coffee is the place to go for a quick recharge!
- Belle Surf Cafe: With a shop opening up near our South Maui vacation rentals soon and another one located on Lahaina’s famous Front Street, you’ll love this boho-chic establishment.
- Wailuku Coffee Company: This one-of-a-kind, mom-and-pop coffee shop in Central and North Shore Maui coffee shop is so cute and quaint that you’ll just love posting up here with a fresh latte. Pick your choice of milk and let the baristas do the rest while you sit back and listen to some of your favorite music against the sounds of paradise.
- Maui Coffee Attic: Here is another mom-and-pop coffee shop in the Central Maui area that you’ll want to check out during your Hawaii vacation getaway. Sometimes they have live music too so sit back and enjoy!
- Grandma’s Coffee House: Take a trip to Upcountry Maui for the day and stop by Grandma’s Coffee House. With tasty local favorites and an incredible tropical view, this is a spot that you will want to add to your travel itinerary!
- Paia Bay Coffee Bar: Braving the Road to Hana but need to get some fuel for the drive? Stop by this North Shore Maui cafe and stroll through the beachside town of Paia with your choice in beverage!
If you have been picturing yourself enjoying a steaming cup of coffee out on the Lanai of your Maui oceanfront vacation rental, we invite you to check out these top local coffee spots around Maui!