Terms & Conditions
The following terms supersede any conflicting payment terms that may appear on VRBO, FlipKey, or any other website.
DEPOSIT, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION:
- A 30% deposit is due at time of booking.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to arrival and will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.
- Travel insurance, if purchased, is payable in advance and is non-refundable after the initial 14-day "free look."
- We accept payment on Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit cards.
- Bookings cancelled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 100% refund less the $70 non-refundable reservation fee.
- Bookings cancelled at least 14 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund less the $70 non-refundable reservation fee.
- If the reservation is cancelled within 14 days of arrival, there shall be no refund.
- You will be charged for any Hawaii General Excise Tax (GET), and/or Transit Accommodations Tax (TAT) that is due. Tax rates are set by the State of Hawaii and are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: We will make every effort to reserve the unit that you have selected; however we reserve the right to move you to a similar unit should your selected unit become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
SALES CLAUSE: If this unit is sold to another party between the date of booking and the tenant's arrival, the tenant understands, agrees to, and acknowledges that the new owner may or may not accept their reservation that was previously agreed to. The tenant acknowledges this possibility upon signing and agrees that they will not hold liable the Rental Agent (Rentals Maui, Inc.) for the cancellation of their reservation, any additional costs incurred, including but not limited to change fees, finding alternative accommodations, or other related costs; these costs and changes are solely the responsibility of the Tenant. The Rental Agent (Rentals Maui, Inc.), will make its best efforts to notify the Tenant(s) if this sales clause is being exercised with as much notice as possible and provide the tenant with any alternative options that might be available within its portfolio at the new units current rates, pricing, and terms. If the tenant(s) decide not to choose the available options (if any), the Rental Agent (Rentals Maui, Inc.) will provide the Tenant(s) a 100% refund of any funds collected to that point.
TO AVOID FRAUD: Rentals Maui's office is located in Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not have offices in any foreign country. We do not advertise our vacation rentals on Craigslist. We will never require payment by wire transfer or Western Union. Bottom line is: if you receive an email offer on one of our vacation rentals and it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If in doubt, call our office at 1-808-879-2700 or toll free at 1-800-808-3138.
CREDIT CARD ON FILE: A credit card must be on file and will be charged to cover excess cleaning and related expenses.
TRAVEL INSURANCE can be purchased with your reservation: VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE: Red Sky Sun Trip Preserver Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Travel insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances--such as illness, injury, mandatory evacuation, or job loss--that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If declined, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. Click here to view a flyer for Sun Trip Preserver by RedSky. For more information please go to: trippreserver.com.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIMES: For 3-bedroom units check-in time is 4:00 PM and check-out time is at 10:00 AM. For all other units, check-in time is 4:00 PM and check-out time is 11:00 AM. Due to housekeeping requirements, we do not have flexibility to offer late check-outs or early check-ins. Be sure to keep this in mind when making your flight arrangements. If you are in the unit before check-in time on your arrival day or after check-out time on your departure day, there will be a charge equal to one night's rent plus tax.
NO SMOKING: The Hawaii legislature enacted State Law 295, effective November 16, 2006, which prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public. All Rentals Maui Inc. units are subject to this new law. Rentals Maui will keep your credit card information on file. If a smoking violation occurs, a fine of $500.00 will be charged to your credit card.
AMENITY START PACK: For your convenience each condo is stocked with a one-time, complimentary starter kit of the following items:
- toilet paper (3 rolls per bathroom)
- paper towels (1 roll)
- soap (1 petite bar each at the shower and bathroom sink)
- dish soap for washing dishes by hand (1 small bottle)
- dishwasher detergent (enough for 6 loads)
- laundry soap, if a washer is in the unit (enough for 6 loads; no dryer sheets)
- trash bags (1 in each trash can; extras under the kitchen sink)