Terms & Conditions
The following terms supersede any conflicting payment terms that may appear on VRBO, FlipKey, or any other website with one exception: if your reservation was made through Booking.com, please see Booking.com for payment and cancellation terms.
Maui is currently under a mandatory 5-day quarantine for visitors coming from outside Hawaii. Click here for further information.
HOW TO AVOID QUARANTINE
TRAVELING FROM ANOTHER US STATE, VACCINATED: Travelers who are fully vaccinated shall not be subject to quarantine. Vaccines must be approved or authorized by the US FDA or listed for emergency use by the WHO. A list of currently accepted vaccines is posted on the CDC's website. Vaccine document must be uploaded to the Hawaii Safe Travels digital platform at travel.hawaii.gov. Travelers must bring the original proof of vaccine when them when they travel.
TRAVELING FROM ANOTHER US STATE, NOT VACCINATED: Unvaccinated travelers must take a pre-travel test within 72 hours of departure for Hawaii. The test must be done at a Trusted Travel Partner. Travel partners are found at https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/. I must receive my negative test result before I board the final leg of my flight to Hawaii. If I don't receive my negative test result before I board the final leg of my flight to Hawaii, I will need to quarantine in a hotel for 5 days or the length of my stay, whichever is shorter. Quarantine is not available in (Property.Name).
TRAVELING FROM AN INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION, VACCINATED: Travelers who are fully vaccinated must also take a pre-travel Covid-19 test (NAAT or antigen) within 1 day of boarding a flight to the US. Vaccines must be approved or authorized by the US FDA or listed for emergency use by the WHO. A list of currently accepted vaccines is posted on the CDC's website.
TRAVELING FROM AN INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION, NOT VACCINATED: Unvaccinated international travelers who are US citizens must take a pre-travel Covid-19 test (NAAT or antigen) within 1 day of boarding a flight to the US. Unvaccinated international travelers who are not US citizens are not allowed to travel to the US.
INTER-ISLAND TRAVELERS: Persons traveling between islands do not need to create a trip itinerary on Hawaii Safe Travels, take a COVID-19 test, or quarantine, regardless of their vaccination status or where they were vaccinated.
DEPOSIT, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION:
- A 30% deposit is due at time of booking.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to arrival and will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.
- Travel insurance, if purchased, is payable in advance and is non-refundable after the initial 14-day "free look."
- We accept payment on Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit cards.
- Bookings cancelled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 100% refund less the $70 non-refundable reservation fee.
- Bookings cancelled at least 14 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund less the $70 non-refundable reservation fee.
- If the reservation is cancelled within 14 days of arrival, there shall be no refund.
- The cancellation policy shall remain in effect even if a traveler tests positive for COVID-19, does not receive their test result before the final leg of their flight to Hawaii, or is turned away at the airport due to fever or other symptoms.
- Should government-mandated COVID-19 restrictions be imposed in your local region or Hawaii after final payment and up until any portion of your stay, you may provide proof of such restriction and reschedule your stay up to 365 days out from your arrival date. An advisory is not a restriction.
- Christmas holiday rates are slightly higher. Contact the Rentals Maui office for details.
- You will be charged for any Hawaii General Excise Tax (GET), and/or Transit Accommodations Tax (TAT) that is due. Tax rates are set by the State of Hawaii and are subject to change without notice.
TO AVOID FRAUD: Rentals Maui's office is located in Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. Our email address is email@example.com. We do not have offices in any foreign country. We do not advertise our vacation rentals on Craigslist. We will never require payment by wire transfer or Western Union. Bottom line is: if you receive an email offer on one of our vacation rentals and it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If in doubt, call our office at 1-808-879-2700 or toll free at 1-800-808-3138.
Travel Insurance can be purchased with your reservation: VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE: Red Sky Sun Trip Preserver Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Travel insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances--such as illness, injury, mandatory evacuation, or job loss--that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If declined, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. For more information please go to: trippreserver.com.
For 3-bedroom units check-in time is 4:00 PM and check-out time is at 10:00 AM. For all other units, check-in time is 4:00 PM and check-out time is 11:00 AM. Due to housekeeping requirements, we do not have flexibility to offer late check-outs or early check-ins. Be sure to keep this in mind when making your flight arrangements. If you are in the unit before check-in time on your arrival day or after check-out time on your departure day, there will be a charge equal to one night's rent plus tax.
Credit Card On File: A credit card must be on file and will be charged to cover excess cleaning and related expenses.
NO SMOKING: The Hawaii legislature enacted State Law 295, effective November 16, 2006, which prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public. All Rentals Maui Inc. units are subject to this new law. Rentals Maui will keep your credit card information on file. If a smoking violation occurs, a fine of $500.00 will be charged to your credit card.
Note: We will make every effort to reserve the unit that you have selected; however we reserve the right to move you to a similar unit should your selected unit become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
Tax rates are set by the State of Hawaii and are subject to change without notice.