Terms & Conditions
The following terms supersede any conflicting payment terms that may appear on VRBO, FlipKey, or any other website with one exception: if your reservation was made through Booking.com, please see Booking.com for payment and cancellation terms.
Maui is currently under a mandatory 10-day quarantine for visitors coming from outside Hawaii or from other Hawaii islands. Click here for further information.
HOW TO AVOID QUARANTINE
Travelers from the continental US, Canada, and Japan have the option of taking a COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours before their flight to Hawaii departs, and if the test is negative, the traveler will not need to quarantine. The test must be an FDA-Approved NAAT test from a CLIA certified laboratory. The traveler must receive their negative test result before boarding the final leg of their flight to Hawaii. If the test result is not available before boarding the final leg of their flight to Hawaii, the traveler will need to quarantine in a hotel for 10 days or the length of their stay, whichever is shorter. The rented vacation rental is not available for quarantine. The traveler will need to pay for the test. The State of Hawaii has contracted with many testing partners to provide a quick turnaround time, and they are hoping to add additional testing facilities to their list. Click here for additional information. Travelers from Canada may go through Air Canada and WestJet for more information.
DEPOSIT, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION:
- A 30% deposit is due at time of booking.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to arrival and will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.
- Travel insurance, if purchased, is payable in advance and is non-refundable after the initial 14-day "free look."
- We accept payment on Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit cards.
- Bookings cancelled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 100% refund less the $60 non-refundable reservation fee.
- Bookings cancelled at least 14 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund less the $60 non-refundable reservation fee.
- If the reservation is cancelled within 14 days of arrival, there shall be no refund.
- The cancellation policy shall remain in effect even if a traveler tests positive for COVID-19, does not receive their test result before the final leg of their flight to Hawaii, or is turned away at the airport due to fever or other symptoms.
- Should COVID-19 restrictions be imposed in your local region or Hawaii after final payment and up until any portion of your stay, you may provide proof of such restriction and reschedule your stay up to 365 days out from your arrival date.
- Christmas holiday rates are slightly higher. Contact the Rentals Maui office for details.
- You will be charged for any Hawaii General Excise Tax (GET), and/or Transit Accommodations Tax (TAT) that is due. Tax rates are set by the State of Hawaii and are subject to change without notice.
TO AVOID FRAUD: Rentals Maui's office is located in Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not have offices in any foreign country. We do not advertise our vacation rentals on Craigslist. We will never require payment by wire transfer or Western Union. Bottom line is: if you receive an email offer on one of our vacation rentals and it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If in doubt, call our office at 1-808-879-2700 or toll free at 1-800-808-3138.
Travel Insurance can be purchased with your reservation: VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE: Red Sky Sun Trip Preserver Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Travel insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances--such as illness, injury, mandatory evacuation, or job loss--that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If declined, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. For more information please go to: trippreserver.com.
Check-In time is 3:00 PM local time. Check-out is required by 11:00 AM on the day of departure. Due to housekeeping requirements, we do not have flexibility to offer late check-outs or early check-ins. Be sure to keep this in mind when making your flight arrangements. If you are in the vacation rental before 3:00 PM on your arrival day or after 11:00 AM on your departure day, there will be a charge equal to one night's rent plus tax.
Credit Card On File: A credit card must be on file and will be charged to cover excess cleaning and related expenses.
NO SMOKING: The Hawaii legislature enacted State Law 295, effective November 16, 2006, which prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public. All Rentals Maui Inc. units are subject to this new law. Rentals Maui will keep your credit card information on file. If a smoking violation occurs, a fine of $500.00 will be charged to your credit card.
Note: We will make every effort to reserve the unit that you have selected; however we reserve the right to move you to a similar unit should your selected unit become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
Tax rates are set by the State of Hawaii and are subject to change without notice.