Photograph Courtesy of Merriman’s Kapalua
Maui is known for its beautiful beaches, amazing surf and one-of-a-kind adventure spots. Along with these accolades and more, the Valley Isle also has a reputation for being home to a variety of delicious cuisine made by some of the world’s top chefs.
Whether you live here or are just passing through during your vacation in Hawaii, there’s always a chance to explore a variety of appetizing dishes made by some reputable chefs on island. While enjoying your South Maui condo for rent, make sure to target some of these hot dinner spots and indulge in some delectable, flavorful and scrumptious food.
Here are our top 5 suggestions for best restaurants on Maui:
- Mama’s Fish House: Located on Maui’s north shore just outside of the surfing town of Paia, Mama’s Fish House is known as one of the most popular restaurants on the island. With fresh seafood and wild Maui venison on the menu, you’re sure to get a taste of what the island has to offer at this fine dining establishment.
- Merriman’s: Enjoy dinner with a view at this Kapalua-based restaurant. Merriman’s Kapalua embodies the “farm-to-table” concept and its menu offers diners a chance to taste fresh and organic cuisine made just for you.
- Kimo Maui: Looking for affordable food that can still hit the spot? Kimo Maui might be your ticket. Fresh fish, local dishes and a beautiful view of Maui’s west side, Kimo Maui is worth checking out. The lunch and dinner menus are both reasonably priced and if you’re really on a budget make sure to stop by their Lanai happy hour from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. every day.
- Poi by the Pound: If you’re visiting Hawaii for the first time, you HAVE to try some local grinds (that’s local slang for food). Poi by the Pound has everything local you need to satisfy your craving. Try poke, lau lau, lomi lomi salmon, and (of course) poi at this Kahului-based restaurant. Not sure what to order? Just ask one of the friendly waiters on staff.
- Lahaina Grill: With signature dishes such as mahi-mahi and servings of fresh local greens, it’s no wonder the Lahaina Grill is a fan favorite. Located at 127 Lahainaluna Rd. in Lahaina Town on the west side of the island of Maui, the restaurant offers new American cuisine in a contemporary bistro setting. Food prices range from $32-$56.
These are just a few of our favorite places to “grind” and we hope that you discover some restaurants that you dub “island’s best” as you get to know Maui. Bon Appetite!