What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a Maui vacation? A place to stay might cross for a second but don’t worry, Rentals Maui has you covered. So then what’s the next thing you’re thinking? Perhaps, it is where you can find the best luau. Luckily, we have that answer for you too.
In the Hawaiian tradition, a luau is an ultimate celebration that was previously reserved for the alii (royalty). Today, this special event is shared with visitors and residents alike. Complete with fire spinners, dancers, storytelling, and amazing food, no real Hawaiian vacation is complete without an authentic luau experience. Here’s our list of the Top 5 Luaus on the Valley Isle. Enjoy!
- The Old Lahaina Luau: Here’s one of the most popular and sought-after luau experiences in the entire island chain. The Old Lahaina Luau is known for its hookipa (hospitality) and, of course, food. From lomilomi salmon to fresh poi, the food is hard to beat. And then there’s the savory pig, which comes straight from an imu. An imu is the traditional Hawaiian cooking method of creating an oven in the ground and makes for a tasty dinner entree. Yum!
- Drums of the Pacific Luau: The Drums of the Pacific Luau combines stories told through dance and music that represents all of Polynesia, including Hawaii, Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, Tahiti, Tonga, and Rarotonga. Known for the grand finale of an unforgettable fire-knife dance, you’ll have a night to remember at this luau.
- Royal Lahaina Luau: Now here’s a party! The Royal Lahaina Luau is Maui’s longest-running Hawaiian luau event. Located on the island’s west side near the Kaanapali Beach at the Royal Lahaina Resort, you’ll have fun taking in the entertainment and enjoying the open bar. Cheers!
- Te Au Moana Luau: Located at the Wailea Beach Resort, Te Au Moana translates to “the ocean tide” and has a reputation for its amazing view from the shores of Wailea. The moves on the tahitian dancers aren’t so bad either. The dancers will give you a captivating performance and maybe even a chance to get on stage and join in on the fun.
- The Grand Luau at Honua’ula: If you enjoy stories, then you’ll love the luau at Honua’ula. Listen intently as these storytellers take you back in time to tell the tale of when two voyagers first came to find the island of Maui. From the legend of the fire goddess Pele to the tale of a mermaid on Maui, nobody tells a story better than the Grand Luau at Honua’ula.
Now that we’ve covered what to expect from luaus here on Maui, let us help you find the best vacation rental on the island. Take a look at our specials and give us a call today to book your next vacation rental on Maui. See you soon!